All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 16th, 2012, 11:22 pm 
Balancing Bear

This would improve the feel of the transformation mechanic. The way it is right now is somewhat clunky. Here's the idea:

When you transform from air to ground while moving, you should retain the momentum while still midair and once you hit ground decelerate from there. If the movement button is held down in the same direction be able to run at the same speed you hit the ground with. Once that momentum is lost, the robots would walk as they did before.

When you transform from ground to air, the ground momentum should also be conserved in whatever direction you're moving. But I also think you should be able to accelerate in this in-between state using the jet engines.

This would change the feel quite a bit to the faster end of the spectrum, so what do you think?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: February 17th, 2012, 10:59 am 

agreed.. that sounds like a cool little improvement. I can see landing your mech and falling off a cliff if you miscalculated the landing might be a problem in some situations, but the possibility of that happening is actually kind of cool at the same time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: February 17th, 2012, 12:11 pm 
Carbon Dev

Hi Otakuma,

I agree this makes sense and would probably feel better. It will have some implications to the 'fall off cliff' issue (probably make it alot worse) so I'd like to make sure that's addressed/resolved before experimenting with this.

Thanks!

Online Profile  

PostPosted: February 17th, 2012, 2:44 pm 

devken wrote:
Hi Otakuma,

I agree this makes sense and would probably feel better. It will have some implications to the 'fall off cliff' issue (probably make it alot worse) so I'd like to make sure that's addressed/resolved before experimenting with this.

Thanks!

if you were allowed to quickly transform back into flying mode, that would probably fix the issue.. as well as reward players who are able to quickly react

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: February 17th, 2012, 7:04 pm 
Balancing Bear

Quotidian wrote:
if you were allowed to quickly transform back into flying mode, that would probably fix the issue.. as well as reward players who are able to quickly react

I meant to mention that. Completely agree. The biggest issue with falling down into the ditches is that the mech is unable to transform until it hits the bottom of it/ or is simply limited in speed to not be able to make it in time. I would also suggest making transformation faster and make it so it can be cancelled midair. As in you go for a landing but find the situation unfavorable, so midway to the ground you simply turn back into a plane and fly away. This would also make cliff collision irrelevant, or better yet an important game mechanic. If you were going to fast and fell into the ditch, your fault.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: February 29th, 2012, 5:52 pm 

Fully agree to all mentioned.

Offline Profile