AirMech is now FarmMech!
AirMech is now FarmMech!
Carbon Games is thrilled to announce an exciting new change for AirMech: growing crops! Do you live on a farm? Do you like to farm games for Kudos? Well now when are on your farm, farming AirMech games, you can also farm in your Basecamp!
Everyone should have 2 Shovels they can use to clear space in their Basecamp (upper left corner) and build their very own home! Start with a Base, then move on to planting some Wheat! Of course, you could also build a Hangar, if you are into that kind of thing.
Is today April 1st? Yes it is! Is this a joke? Excellent question! The Basecamp is a little buggy, and you might need to restart AirMech after you start growing something. Where do we go from here? That depends on how funny people find the joke...if it is a joke? There's actually a lot of really neat features that can expand from here, making unlocking access to things make more sense than simple checkboxes. We can expand this to show more about the setting and how players connect with the larger world around them.
We also have a ton of updates and bugfixes in this patch. Loadouts have been reworked, allowing you to save part configs per AirMech, making it so you can change skins without removing all your parts. Note this means all loadouts are reset, hopefully for the last time! We're also standardizing on 100 Part points for now, though in the future the PvE loadouts will be able to get more. PvP will remain fixed at 100.
Be sure to read below for the full list of additions, bug fixes, and balance changes. Note that Parts are in the middle of a major rebalance and will continue to change over the next couple patches.
- Easter Content enabled for a limited time!
- Ultimate Jesus appears as the first seasonal Ultimate!
- Little Chicken is a new Easter exclusive, breaking out of his colored egg!
- updates to how AirMech loadouts are managed (PVP/RPG slots work now)
- new Inventory collection view; browse collection sets more easily!
- new collection sets: FLA, Thanksgiving, Chinese New Year, Easter, Ultimate Pilots, and Unit sets
- more updates to the Player Market background
- new destruction effects for Paladin, Saucer, and Warthog
- added team colored support for Stasis Mine
- faction power reworked
- artillery shot effects reworked
- new custom game option for higher latency tolerance
- player profile cards updated with built-in PM window
- improve Kudos and Diamond collecting animation
- fixed Liberty Bomb not showing up when being dropped
- another fix for AirMechs landing on trees
- fixed a prop that units could be placed on
- fixed a terrain tile with an odd shadow
- fix for custom paths awarding XP for auto-deployed units
- fix for 'Remember Me' login causing custom game options to be inaccessible
- fix for Osprey heal beam targeting in the air
- fixed custom game option icons persisting in other lobbies
- fixed potential game desync bugs related to navmesh and unit firing
- Windows XP might now be supported again, unofficially (needs testing)
- stasis now affects AirMech movement speeds (-15% ground, -30% air)
- all part points adjusted as the first pass at a major part rebalance
- all AirMechs will have 100 part points available at all levels
- allow Missile Burst ability to target flier units with priority on enemy AirMechs
- artillery units are now inherently inaccurate, based on range to the target
- increased drop rate for the Bombs ability at levels 1 and 2, level 3 remains unchanged
- SAM build cost increased from 1000 to 1100
- SAM armor decreased from 25 to 15
- SAM move speed decreased from 3.5 to 2.5
- Grinder, Butcher, and Assassin on Hold order will return to their position after engaging enemy units