All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 162  Next
 Post subject: Re: Want into the Alpha? Post here and tell us why...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:36 pm 

Below is my application to become appart of the alpha testing playerbase, as with the vast majority of people I heard about this game through TB. It looks a very promising game and I want to help contribute to that aspect via bugtesting, balance testing, etc. Infact, the game heavily reminds me of G-Police for the PSX (multiplayer segment), was wondering if that's where you got some influence from with regards to the gameplay/art style (in addition to things like DOTA of course!)

Who I am: Lawrence "Gishank"
System Spec;

CPU: AMD Phenom (II) 1055 (6x 2.8GHz)
RAM: 8GB of Kingston Hyper-X GENESIS @ 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX285

Why I believe I would be a good asset to the testing playerbase;

I'm what you could call an 'experienced gaming enthusiast', I've played many games over the years spanning many genres but have only very recently got in to the concept of MOBA-estique games thus I believe I can provide 'moba-freshman' feedback/critique, but also critique relevant to my experiences with other similar game genres like the humble RTS.

In the past (and even some currently) I have participated in the closed beta/alpha testing of many games, including Age Of Empires: Online, APB, APB: Reloaded, C&C:RA3, C&C4, Global Agenda, BF3, World Of Tanks, and many more (mostly non-MMO's thereafter) yet due to the nature of the NDA I signed at the time of testing I can't provide the names of them unfortunately. This, I believe also means I have adequate knowledge of how the process works and how to pinpoint bugs, isolate them, and then file sufficient bug reportss.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:41 pm 

Sup, why? cuz im a die hard gamer, i also consider my self a indie gamer, i love so much indie games, my age is 20 and i blog in a few pages,i like to test new and original games,i support almost all the events that i know like iggmarathon and humblebundle about indie games,if i have the alpha i can shared with my friends and make a review in the blogs so more people can know about this game :D i wanted PLEASE :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:54 pm 

#1.I think I would be a valuable alpha tester because i have tested many games and i am always looking to be the first to find and post bugs

#2.I don't have the best system but you need to test your game on all types of systems to make sure it works for everyone that wants to play your game

#3.i have a very open schedule and am able to play 5+ hours a day

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:06 pm 

Well, I just asked how to get on the Alpha via twiter, guess this is how :p

Alias: Holes754
Name: Nick
Planned occupation: Game design/programming. If that doesn't work, cooking? :D

Well, I know i'm a bit young(14 is young to me for applying to Alphas) but, I've participated in a few betas already (BF3, C&C RA3) I've played a lot of C&C games, but not the 4th, heard it was not good . I have also played LoL, and other games like it. I've played SC2 as well. And I don't really want to bore you with games I've played. But i have played a lot in almost every genre. I also know a thing or two about writing the bug reports. I have watched TB play this in the WTF-a-thon, and think that the game is looking great in its current stage. Its a great concept. I also have provided a lot of suggestions for games, that while tweaked with others suggestions, have ultimately made it into the game. I also have a lot of free time on my hands(4-6 hours a day of wondering what to do) So, I could spend that time playing this :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:07 pm 

Hello. My name is Shawn Henry Adams. I'm a programmer at a small game development startup based in East Lansing, MI. I work with three other guys that are also interested in the alpha, so we'd mostly be playing multiplayer together. We're always looking for new games to play together and would love to tie that in with getting feedback to fellow devs! Also, our good friend Jon Moore (JonManatee) is already in the alpha and we were hoping to be able to play some rounds with him.

-Shawn Henry Adams (Qtbon)
http://adventureclubgames.com
http://twitter.com/#!/qtbon

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:11 pm 

Name / Alias: Ryan / Quiickted
Occupation: IT Engineering & Taking a course for Games Creation & Design.
Game History: I play alot of games, including alot of beta's. I currently have the diablo 3 beta which is great and I am constantly reporting bugs with that. I also play different types of games including FPS, Dota and MMORPG.

If I was chosen, constant bug reports would be reported and hopefully fixed. Not only that but this game looks fantastic and I would love to try it out.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:15 pm 

Hello! I'd like to apply for a Alpha testing as well. I watched Totalbiscuit's AirMech Video and fell instantly in love with the game.

Alias: Drag

I've played a lot of different strategy games in the past such as Warcraft, Generals C&C, Age of Empires, as well as MOBA style game such as LoL, HoN, and Dota. I've also had the opportunity to be a part of a couple of betas namely Starcraft II and a few other games.

System Specs,
CPU: Intel(R)Core(TM) i7 Q740 (8x1.73GHz)
Ram: 6 GB
GPU: Geforce GTX 260M

I hope to hear from you soon, thanks!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:24 pm 

Hey im interesting in testing/playing this game becasue after watching the Totalbiscut video I think it has alot of promise.

Reminds me of Robotech, gameplay looks interesting, and Im a casual videogame player. I have played DOTA and many RTS's so I think I might have a good sense what your attempting to accomplish.

Thanks for the consideration,

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:28 pm 
Carbon Dev

Hi everyone, thanks for all the applications! We'll try to process as many as we can, but we will have to slow down a bit once we pass some certain internal numbers. (basically when the programmers say yes/no)

Just a note, we don't need your age posted here, we're equal opportunity gamers! A reminder than due to legal issues no one under 13 is able to have an account. Sorry about that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:30 pm 

saw the wtf on tb channel game looks awsome would love to help this game along looks like its got a lost of potintal

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 162  Next