All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1616 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 162  Next
 Post subject: Want to get the PC version of AirMech? Read this...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:09 am 
Carbon Dev

Step 1) Download this file and run it: http://carbongames.com/patches/AirMech.exe

Step 2) Play AirMech.

Step 3) Buy the Alpha MEGA Bundle, since it will be going away soon, and we don't want to say we didn't give you enough warning. :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Want into the Alpha? Post here and tell us why...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:28 am 

Hello!

I'm so overjoyed to see this thread! I'm sure many people will be posting in here very soon so I better get in on it quick haha!

Anyway, I believe I could be of some help If I had access to the Alpha of AirMech as I have plenty of experience with these type of games and I have been involved in a few Beta's in my time.

I don't know what exactly to write so I'll list some common details below.

Name / Alias: Bevan
Occupation: College Student Studying IT - Expecting Uni for Games Development next year.
Game History: I have played games from Defense of the Ancients [DOTA] to the Command and Conquer games. I was involved in the Heroes of Newerth Closed Beta and submitted feedback every month with my findings such as any bugs and the steps taken to reproduce the bugs in game, to character balance issues within the game.

As I previously mentioned within another topic on the forum, I am very interested in the game and I believe this is the sort of game that can keep me playing for hours! And as the game is currently within it's alpha stage I'm sure there will be plenty of bugs that I may find while playing the game.

Thank you for the oppertunity to 'apply' for Alpha Access!

- Bevan.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:37 am 

Just registered today after seeing a WTF on Totalbiscuit. Game looks really interesting and a start to a genre. I would like to Alpha test in order to see a successful launch of a genuinely innovative game. I see the future of gaming, PC gaming in particular, being carried forward on the backs of Indy developers and would like to do my bit in order to support that.

I have been in a few betas over the year, usually MMORPG's though. I'll follow the example of the previous poster and:

Alias: Phar0sa
Game History: ... Been playing games for 27 years over multiple genres, Ranging from early Atari to PS3. PC gaming has been my main source for gaming for the past 13 years.

Not sure what you're looking for, but there is a quick summary. Hope to hear from you.

Phar0sa

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:55 am 

Greetings!

As with a lot of people, I first heard about this game through John "TotalBiscuit" Bane and his WTF-a-thon stream. That being said, as soon as I saw it, I was immediately hooked. Not only do I really enjoy this type of game, but I also greatly enjoy the art style and the combination of technologies that have me thinking of some of my favorite series of shows, namely Macross/Robotech and Gundam, to name some of the larger titles.

Name / Alias: Epyon
Occupation: Graduate Student in Mechanical Engineering. I build and design robots and control systems.
Game History: Grew up with the NES/SNES and have played ever since. I greatly enjoy RTS games like Rise of Nations, AoE, and lately a lot of Starcraft II. I also played DotA back in the day, and League of Legends when friends got together.

I frequently overlap with my EE/ECE counterparts over in electrical and software engineering, and have strong analytical background that lets me objectively think about what is happening and a technical and gaming background to be able to help with any problem/bugs/fixes and any terminology involved.

Even if this post has only been glanced at, I hope I've helped out in some way. I wish you all the best of luck with your excellent game!

~Matt

P.S. I LOVE the artwork! Keep up all the great work!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:17 am 

Hello, i'm also here after seeing AirMech on WTF is... with Totalbiscuit. After seeing that i also sat and watched the Gosu Crew stuff. In my quest to find more stuff to watch i found this post. I'd like in =). I'm a fan games, all of them (but not the barbie ones..that woman freaks me out) Strategy, Fps, Rpg, Platform...i'll try anything.. even facebook games (shush..dont tell any one)

Who: MrJono (or just Jono. Either or)

Why do i think i'd be a good tester? Mainly my uncontrollable urge to try new ideas. Even if said idea might be silly. Like trying to finsh a level in a Strategy game by only using one unit type. Or the same but by not using one unit type.

My infinite patience. I mean, if your going to try and win with nothing but dudes with machine guns its gonna take about 4 hours.

Free time. I got made redundant not long ago (I'm going for a sympathy vote here.... is it working?) so i've got a lot of free time. Yeah i know Skyrim is out at the end of the week and that is gonna take up a fair amount of my free time =) but i still got loads left

Cheers

=).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:32 am 

My name is Sam, Alias LeftWing

I Believe that I am a valid candidate for getting into the AirMech alpha for a number of reasons. For one I have a large amount of knowledge and experience in similar games from both MOBA and RTS genre's having played DOTA, HON, LOL and SOTIS in the MOBA genre, and Starcraft 1/BW/WoL and all of the advance wars games.

I have also taken part in the Beta testing of multiple blizzard games, so have expeirience with finding bugs and issues in games, Having taken part in the WoW-Cata and SCII-WoL beta's for blizzard, and a few other less recognizable titles.

It is also the type of game I have been looking for lately, a cross between MOBA and RTS, my two favorite game Genre's, so there is a personal incentive for me to help this game succeed.

tl;dr I have Beta'd many games before and played a lot of games in both the MOBA and RTS genre, and I have been looking for a blend for a while.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:51 am 

Hello !

I may not be the most experienced in MOBA or RTS games though I have played a little bit of HoN and Starcraft 2, but when I saw the video from Totalbiscuit playing AirMech on Youtube I had to come see the webpage and ofcourse apply for the alpha.

I have some experience in beta/alpha testing and I know most people use them to get to test the game for free but I feel more like actually testing the game and contributing to the development (Maybe even make the game just a little bit more to my liking. :)).

I am playing on a Toshiba laptop wich is less than six months old and has Intel HD graphics and so on.

I am graduating from highschool in December so I should have reasonable amount of time to spend around the game.

Yours, Mattu.

PS: I live in Finland and the days are getting short and it's so dark in here so I would appreciate something to brighten my day ;).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:57 am 

Name / Alias: Radon
Occupation: Sixth Form Computer Science student, aswell as Physics, Chemistry, and Maths A Level student - Expecting University, field based around programming or games development.
Game History: I remember one of my first strategy games was C&C RA2, loved every minute of it. I've also played Supreme Commander 2, RA3, Yuri's Revenge, and also played heroes of newerth prior to it going Free to play, and found it highly enjoyable. I was also involved in the beta of battlestar galactica game, where i submitted regular feedback such as bug reports aswell as the usual steps to produce them. I thought the concept of AirMech a great fusion of two amazing, ground breaking, strategy games was just pure genius, mixing the in control aspect of DOTA with the overall requirement of strategic thinking from C&C.

Just the design of the game could lead to endless hours of fun, the only other game which has gotten me this excited when it's so young is minecraft, and if i can help this game achieve such status by helping out in the alpha then that would be great.

The first poster to this thread, BevanZ, is a friend of mine, we regularly talk over ts3, and it would be a great pleasure to help test this game with him over multiplayer. He's done a great job in advertising this to our community, and has directed us all to this page, and if this application is successful, we look forward to the many endless nights of testing.

Side Note - I do video editing, and would love the chance to throw together some videos of this amazing game, along with some commentary about game mechanics, and concepts with my friend BevanZ. I've noticed the forums aren't very big at the moment, but hopefully a video's section could be created to promote this game even further, and improve upon the already amazing foundations.

Kind Regards,
- Radon.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:57 am 

My name is Adam.

IGN: Verbesity

I want into the Alpha honestly because the game looks like a lot of fun with strategy involved without being slow paced like a lot of other game. I believe I'm qualified for testing because I've been involved in the testing of several other games in the past and also because I have a lot of experience with games I believe are similar. I've played League of Legends for well over a year now and played Heroes of Newerth for a little while. I played the first few games in the Advanced Wars game boy games all the way through but then I started to move more towards PC and console gaming than hand held systems.

Also I know how to write up a proper bug report with details about what happened and how it happened.

I'm currently going to college as an undergraduate computer science major and have a bit of basic C++ and Java programming knowledge.

Thank you for considering me for Alpha access.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:02 pm 

Name / Alias: Anthony / Bunkzy
Occupation: Studying Digital Arts & Entertainment - Game Arts at Howest Kortrijk in Belgium
Game History: I've been playing games since I was a little kid. I could name you a list of games that I've played/play but that wouldn't be of much use to you guys (and it would mean a lot of typework for me so).

If I find any flaws/bugs in a game I would send a mail to the company that made the game or talk to a GM or post it on the game forum. I've done it for prob every game I've played Beta or not it doesnt matter to me, I will do the same for you guys if you would let me test your game.

Kind regards
Anthony

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1616 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 162  Next