All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Do I switch to Chrome?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:53 pm 
Alpha Hero + Beta Lord

Following the emails, I deleted AirMech and installed the Google Chrome version without thinking about it. The thing is that I typically use Firefox and have never really used Google Chrome. I'm happy to say the Chrome version works excellently and I gave the link to others in the Penny Arcade forum.

I enjoy the game a lot, to the point I almost did my first diamond purchase today. Carbon Games has my support, and I want them to succeed in making a game of the genre that I've seen wreck developers in the past. (Battlezone, Guilty Gear 2, Brutal Legend, Battlefield Midway, I can go on and on)

Then it occurred to me that I could not log in to my original account when I was playing the .exe. I had to make a new user (named Dakkadakka) when my original account was called Cantido. So what do I do now?

First, do the developers prefer moving forward with Chrome development and want us to forgo the original .exe? If so, how do I log in to my original account? If this is not the case, how do I redownload the downloadable? Because as soon as I get logged in, I'm droppin' 20 bucks ;)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Do I switch to Chrome?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:11 pm 
Carbon Dev

I'm confused...we all share accounts between Chrome and PC. You can go back and forth anytime, there's no problem. Why would you need a new account?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:10 pm 
Alpha Hero + Beta Lord

Ah, correction please. Support answered me and said they could move my original account over to Chrome just fine. Without thinking I deleted Airmech.exe thinking everyone was moving to Chrome. Instead, I was able to redownload chrome. As thanks for this excellent game and prompt support, I purchased 35 in diamonds. Thanks!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:43 am 
Carbon Dev

Glad to hear it all worked out. Sometimes we don't figure out if someone on the forums is the same person as is emailing us, but we all see the same messages. Threads like this are good, just in case other people are wondering about the same thing, they can figure out what to do.

And thanks for your support! :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:33 am 
Beta Lord

Speaking of diamonds CarbonJames, I can't seem to purchase any via the PC client of AirMech. It says to press OK when the purchase on the newly opened browser window is done, but there is no newly opened browser window to speak of when you click on such.

I bought diamonds via Chrome Native App version instead a while ago anyway but thought you should know so that PC players who can't stand Chrome can give you money too. :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:57 am 
Balancing Bear

Now, I'm confused. I was able to purchase diamonds from the .exe version just fine. It opened a new window in Aurora (FF beta) just fine and went straight to Wallet. You might have to be logged into your or any google account beforehand (I was).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:59 pm 
Alpha Hero + Beta Lord

BPzeBanshee wrote:
Speaking of diamonds CarbonJames, I can't seem to purchase any via the PC client of AirMech. It says to press OK when the purchase on the newly opened browser window is done, but there is no newly opened browser window to speak of when you click on such.

I bought diamonds via Chrome Native App version instead a while ago anyway but thought you should know so that PC players who can't stand Chrome can give you money too. :P

This is exactly what happened to me. I will see about the Google account thing later tonight.

Offline Profile